Hello,

I don't have experience with windows installation, but try to look on pg_hba.conf setup. Else 8.1 is not recommended for windows. Please, use 8.3. And last comment is use pgsql-general for this kind of question.

                Zdenek

王佳伟 napsal(a):
Hello!I have a problem with my postgresql. I install postgresql8.1 on windows xp with sp2 and get
the error"could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)Is the server
running on host "???" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?".I have stopped
the windows firewall How can i check if this has been changed and change the configurations so that
it works again.Thanks in advance!