On Apr 21, 2008, at 7:25 AM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

Am Montag, 21. April 2008 schrieb Zdenek Kotala:
I compiled postgreSQL with 1kB block size and regresion test fails. Main problem is that output is correct but in different order. See attachment.

This was previously reported:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-11/msg00901.php

I think affected test should contain order by keyword.

For previously established reasons, we don't want to add ORDER BY clauses to every test that might fail under exceptional circumstances so we test all plan types equally. I think very small block sizes are fairly exceptional,
unless you have a reason up your sleeve why they are a good idea.

What if we used the OFFSET 0 trick to force the ordering to occur outside of what we're testing? IE:

SELECT * FROM (query we're testing OFFSET 0) ORDER BY blah;
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  [EMAIL PROTECTED]