Magnus Hagander wrote:
You interested in trying to code up a patch to verify that? ;)

Practical reality says that I won't get to this before the next version of Windows is released.
I don't want to promise something I can't deliver.
If there were any desire to provide a MT-aware postmaster, the same technique of masking
signals except on a signal thread might apply.

Define MT-aware :-) It's certainly MT-aware in the fact that it's
already MT... But there is no interest in making the actual backends
launch as threads in the postmaster - at least not currently.
I seem to remember being slapped about for daring to suggest using a threaded embedded language even if only one thread calls into the core, on the ground that the signals might not go to the right thread. So I'm assuming that a thread-aware build would generally mask async signals and wait for them in a specific thread in sigwait, which would effectively match the
Win32 model (for a threaded build).

On the other hand, I'd normally regard signals as the work of the devil and prefer to send
a wakeup via some other IPC, for pretty much that reason, but there you go.

James