On Jun 4, 2008, at 13:12, Tom Lane wrote:

"David E. Wheeler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
I'm not much into MySQL, but in the work I've done with it, I've had
to create /etc/my.cnf myself. There *is* no configuration file
configuring MySQL until that file is created, is there? So there is no
configuration to learn at first.

Postgres will start happily with an empty configuration file, too.
What's your point?

That it's less daunting for inexperienced users to start with that. I'm not talking about how things work, I'm talking about what configurations are present to start with. That's all.

Best,

David