Hi All, I am having an issue with a deadlock scenario in PostgreSQL 8.3.1I have
the following database postgres, what I do is create two tables t1 and t2 in
this database and I have the following fileds t1(a_id smallint, fn
character(20), ln character(20), rt smallint)t2( c_id smallint, c_name
character(20));The connection to the "postgres" database is established through
two terminals;From the 1st terminal I give the following command1) begin
transaction; update t2 set c_name = 'lock' where c_id = 1;From the 2nd terminal
I give the following command2) begin transaction; update t1 set ln = 'lock'
where a_id = 1;Then I come back to the 1st terminal and execute the following3)
update t1 set ln = 'lock' where a_id = 1;Then I come to 2nd Terminal and
execute the following 4) update t2 set c_name = 'lock' where c_id = 1;When I
come out I get the following error message ERROR:  deadlock detected
DETAIL:  Process 15171 waits for ShareLock on transaction 12738; blocked by
process 15183.
Process 15183 waits for ShareLock on transaction 12739; blocked by process
15171.This is perfectly fine, but what i am trying to acheive is that I am
putting the above four queries in 4 different .sql files and executing it in
the same way as displayed above by using two different terminals, please refer
below the sequence which I am using.From the 1st terminal I give the following
command1) psql -f dl11.sql -U postgres -d postgresFrom the 2nd terminal I give
the following command2) psql -f dl21.sql -U postgres -d postgresThen I come
back to the 1st terminal and execute the following3) psql -f dl12.sql -U
postgres -d postgresThen I come to 2nd Terminal and execute the
following4) psql -f dl22.sql -U postgres -d postgresI should be getting the
same message about deadlock detection, but I am unable to get that.Could anyone
please tell me where I am going wrong and if there is a way I can get the same
behaviour that I am getting while I am executing the
 through psql prompt.Thanks in advanceWaiting for replyRegardsCinu

      Explore your hobbies and interests. Go to
http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/