On Jul 7, 2008, at 00:46, Zdenek Kotala wrote:

You have to use varstr_cmp in citextcmp. Your code is correct, because for
< <= >= > operators you need collation sensible function.

You need to change only citext_cmp function to use strncmp() or call texteq function.

I'm confused. What's the difference between strncmp() and varstr_cmp()? And why would I use one in one place and the other elsewhere? Shouldn't they be used consistently?

I'm think that this test will work correctly for en_US.UTF-8 at any time. I guess the test make sense only when Czech collation (cs_CZ.UTF-8) is selected, but unfortunately, you cannot change collation during your test :(.

No, I was wondering before what locale was used for initdb on the build farm. I mean, how are locale-aware things really tested?

I think, Best solution for now is to keep the test and add comment about recommended collation for this test.

Yep, that's what it does.

Thanks,

David