I'm pretty new to postgresql.. I'm using a fresh compile/install of postgresql 7.1.2
without any special options.. but here's my problem:

semantic=# create temp table ttmptable(lookup_id int, rating int);
CREATE
semantic=# SELECT doEverythingTemp(20706,2507);
 doeverythingtemp
------------------
                1
(1 row)
semantic=# DROP table ttmptable;
DROP
semantic=# create temp table ttmptable(lookup_id int, rating int);
CREATE
semantic=# SELECT doEverythingTemp(20706,2507);
ERROR:  Relation 4348389 does not exist

--- schema --

CREATE FUNCTION doEverythingTemp(int,int) RETURNS int AS '
DECLARE
  rrec RECORD;
  userid int;
  lookupid int;
  rrating int;
  ruser int;
BEGIN
  userid := $1;
  lookupid := $2;
  FOR rrec IN SELECT webuser_id,rating FROM rating WHERE webuser_id!=userid AND
lookup_id=lookupid;
      rrating:=rrec.rating;
      ruser:=rrec.webuser_id;
      INSERT INTO ttmptable SELECT lookup_id,rrating*rating FROM rating WHERE
webuser_id=ruser AND lookup_id!=lookupid;
  END LOOP;
  RETURN 1;
END;' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql'

Table "rating"
 Attribute  |  Type   |                         Modifier
-------------+---------+----------------------------------------------------------
webuser_id  | integer | not null default '0'
category_id | integer | not null default '0'
lookup_id   | integer | not null default '0'
rating      | integer | not null default '0'
rating_id   | integer | not null default nextval('"rating_rating_id_seq"'::text)
Indices: rating_category_id_idx,
         rating_lookup_id_idx,
         rating_rating_id_key,
         rating_webuser_id_idx

I've tried regular tables, creating the table from within the function, and a few
other things.. no luck.  Does anyone have ANY idea how I can either redesign this
query or make the create/drop thing work properly?

Thanks,
(::) Bob Ippolito