Hi,

David Fetter wrote:
While I'm a "chicken" rather than a "pig" on this project
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chicken_and_the_Pig>, I believe that
covering the more general case right from the start would be a much
better plan.

I was trying to say that Postgres-R internally relies only on a unique index with not null constraint. It doesn't care if you name it PRIMARY KEY or REPLICATION KEY or whatever.

So, it's just a question of the syntax. We already have PRIMARY KEYs, and those are pretty much what I think is needed in 99% of all cases as the pointer to the replication

While I'm normally an absolute fan of generality,

I think you didn't quite get the point.