On 28-Jul-08, at 12:45 PM, Stephen R. van den Berg wrote:

Dave Cramer wrote:
On 27-Jul-08, at 3:00 PM, Stephen R. van den Berg wrote:
Stephen R. van den Berg wrote:
The driver beats libpq in speed by about 62%.

Anyone interested in taking a peek at the (GPL copyright) driver, I
temporarily put up a small package which contains the working driver
in Pike at:

http://admin.cuci.nl/psgsql.pike.tar.gz

This is very exciting news, I'd love to look at it, is there any way
it could be re-licensed so that it can be incorporated into say the
jdbc driver ?

Since I wrote it, I can relicense it any which way I want.
What kind of license would you like to have?

As Joshua mentioned BSD is the preferred postgresql license. As I understand it I can't even look at your code and subsequently use anything in the JDBC driver

Dave

--
Sincerely,
          Stephen R. van den Berg.

"Even if man could understand women, he still wouldn't believe it."