Magnus Hagander <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Attached is a patch that implements this. I went with the option of just
> storing it in a temporary directory that can be symlinked, and not
> bothering with a GUC for it. Comments? (documentation updates are also
> needed, but I'll wait with those until I hear patch comments :-P)

Looks alright in a fast once-over (I didn't test it).  Two comments:
Treating the directory as something to create in initdb means you'll
need to bump catversion when you apply it.  I'm not sure where you are
planning to document, but there should at least be a mention in the
"database physical layout" chapter, since that's supposed to enumerate
all the subdirectories of $PGDATA.