On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 10:06:33PM -0400, Robert Treat wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 August 2008 12:40:11 Tom Lane wrote:
> > I'd also like to propose making debug_pretty_print default to ON.
> > At least for me, the other formatting is 100% unreadable.
>
> Any thoughts on just making it always print that way and getting rid
> of the GUC?  Anyone want to argue they'll be turning this off?

I can vaguely imagine somebody wanting to debug the pretty printer,
but that's a pretty weak argument.

A slightly different point would be to have some kind of pluggable
output formats, but those could easily be in user space.

Cheers,
David.
--
David Fetter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> http://fetter.org/
Skype: davidfetter      XMPP: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Remember to vote!