Are we in the business of excluding text-based browsers?  Or obsolete
ones, for that matter?

I don't think we would want to be in the business of
dealing successfully with every quirk of every browser
ever released.

Another way to look at it is supporting standards:
If graphical browsers support at least HTML and CSS,
maybe ecmascript, then they are supportable. If text
based ones can handle the necessary alt tags then we
can also support them.

Beyond that, do you really want to document and code
around every quirk in MSIE 1.0, Netscape 0.50, or any
of the now-extinct text-based browsers for MSDOS?

--
Steven Lembark                                            85-09 90th St.
Workhorse Computing                                 Woodhaven, NY, 11421