Hi,
      I am currently working in EnterpriseDB (www.enterprisedb.com). During the
integration of pldebugger ( http://pgfoundry.org/projects/edb-debugger ) with
postgres on windows  I faced a problem that plugins are not being copied to the
lib/plugins directory. Plugins should be copied in (Installation
dir)lib/plugins to work properly.
      To solve this problem I added PLUGINS logic in the Windows Perl build
scripts of PostgreSQL 8.3.3. It searches for PLUGINS variable in the contrib
Makefile and processes "PLUGINS" as "MODULES" and copies the generated plugin
library to the (Installation dir)lib/plugins.
Please find the attached plugin.patch file. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Asif Naeem
www.enterprisedb.com