Martin Pihlak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Yes, creating a new message type was a bit short sighted -- attached is a
> patch
> that uses syscache invalidation messages instead. This also adds additional
> tupleId field to SharedInvalCatcacheMsg. This is used to identify the
> invalidated tuple in PROC messages, for now others still pass InvalidOid.

Applied after rather heavy revision.  Aside from the gripes I had
yesterday, I found out on closer inspection that the patch did things
all wrong for the case of a not-fully-planned cache item.  I ended up
discarding the existing code for that and instead using the planner
machinery to extract dependencies of a parsed querytree.