Tom Lane wrote:
I went through the CVS logs to draft release notes, and found that the
list of patches applied to REL7_4_STABLE is a bit skimpy:
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/release-7-4-22.html

One thing that ties into this is whether there ever will *be* another
7.4.x release.  We haven't formally discussed an EOL date for 7.4,
but its fifth birthday will be 2008-11-17.  I imagine we'd want to make
its final update release be after that date.  If we do a release now,
the final update might be even skimpier than this one.

Comments?

IMO, we release 7.4.22 with the rest and it is also announced that as of 12-31-08 7.4.x is no more.

Joshua D. Drake