Hello,

I found that pg_resetxlog always prints the following message on Windows.

    mapped win32 error code 2 to 2

Can we supress this annoying message? It seems to come from _dosmaperr,
but the error "postmaster.pid is not found" is a *normal* situation
in pg_resetxlog.

    -> open("%s/postmaster.pid", O_RDONLY, 0)
    -> pgwin32_open()
    -> _dosmaperr()
        #ifndef FRONTEND
            ereport(DEBUG5, ...);
        #else
            fprintf(stderr, _("mapped win32 error code %lu to %d"), e, errno);
        #endif

DEBUG5 means the messages are completely non-critical. Therefore, client
programs also don't need to report them, no? If possible, I'd like to
remove the #else block (or all of them) from the above routine.

(On the other hand, "unrecognized win32 error code" part should be there.)

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center