Just a superficial review.  I haven't really looked hard at this yet.

1 - Patch does not apply cleanly on latest git repository, although
there is no hunk failed but there are some hunk succeeded messages.

2- Patch contains unnecessary spaces and tabs which makes the patch
unnecessarily big. IMHO please read the patch before sending and make
sure that patch only contains the changes you intended to send.

3 - We should follow the coding standards of existing code

               destroyPQExpBuffer(roleQry);
               g_fout->rolename = pgrole;
       } else {
               g_fout->rolename = NULL;
       }

Should be written like this

               destroyPQExpBuffer(roleQry);
               g_fout->rolename = pgrole;
       }
       else
       {
               g_fout->rolename = NULL;
       }

4 - pg_restore gives error wile restoring custom format backup

pg_restore: [archiver] invalid ROLENAME item: SET role = 'ibrar';
(reason check point 5)

5 - Do you really want to write this code like this

+       if (ptr2)
+       {
+               *ptr2 = '\0';
+               AH->public.rolename = strdup(ptr1);
+               free(defn);5 -
+       }
+       else
+               free(defn);
+               die_horribly(AH, modulename, "invalid ROLENAME item: %s\n",
+                                        te->defn);

I think you missed curly brackets of else here.

Please send updated patch!

--
  Ibrar Ahmed