Decibel! wrote:
ISTM it'd be useful to have an array_length function (since I just wrote one for work ;), so here's a patch. Note that I don't have the docs toolchain setup, so I wasn't able to test the doc patches.

There is a tiny problem with this implementation: It returns null for an empty array, not zero. This is because array_lower and/or array_upper return null for an empty array, which makes sense for those cases. We could fix this by putting a coalesce around the expression, but since the array functions return null for all kinds of error cases, this might mask other problems. Or we move to a C implementation.