ITAGAKI Takahiro wrote:
"Hiroshi Saito" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I think that MinGW does not have a direct relation. #define_UNICODE is required for wcsftime. Probably, ITAGAKI-san has only forgotten it.:-)

No, definition of _UNICODE is independent from wcsftime (and
other wcs functions). It affects only _tcs functions (_tcsftime).

Wednesday in japanese should be the following sequences in unicode:
    wcs = 6c34 66dc 65e5 -- sui yo bi

I rebuild my test on VC++2005 SP1, but it has the same bug.
So, we cannot use wcsftime in Windows unless we build binaries
in VC++2008 at least (and the bug is fixed there).

Please call setlocale(LC_CTYPE/LC_ALL, "") first.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue