Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
>
> > > In fact I wrote it because I do want it for ReST.  When I first
> > > proposed it that was my sell.  I received pushback because it was for
> > > too specific a purpose so I stepped back and showed that it was simply
> > > a logical extension that happened to work as ReST input.  Now it seems
> > > that unless it is 100% ReST and documented as such it will be rejected.
> > >
> > > I'm feeling the ground shift under me.
> >
> > Can you find an email that shows this;  I don't remember a shift.
>
> I'm surprised that you find this surprising.  It happens all the time.
> People change their mind, or they forget the decision they took last
> time and take the opposite one later.  Tom said that he didn't see a
> value in rst:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/27079.1219365411%40sss.pgh.pa.us
> Andrew supported this view.  However, their arguments were debunked.

Right, so Tom says it isn't 100% ReST:

        http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-08/msg01310.php

and that is what I remember.  I see no one liking the format for
esthetic sake, but only for ReST.

Here is where escaping backslashes was discussed:

        http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-08/msg01323.php

Here is where someone says having it be 100% compliant is a waste of
time (which is almost sure to doom their argument):  ;-)

        http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-08/msg01311.php

--
  Bruce Momjian  <br...@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us