On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 5:18 PM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Basically I think we are up against the same type of project management
> decision we've had several times before: are we willing to slip the
> 8.4 release schedule for however long it will take for hot standby
> and the other replication-related features to be ready?  At this point
> I think there can be no question that it will not be a small slip;
> in fact I'm not even prepared to guess at how long it will take.

What I wouldn't like to see is the replication patches becoming
another "Bitmap index on disk" patch. If we release 8.4 and postpone
replication to 8.5, we really need a plan to concentrate the efforts
of the few people capable of making it happen in the very few months
of the 8.5 cycle.

--
Guillaume