On Tue, 20 Jan 2009, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:

This patch adds another flag to pg_dump, this time to disable statistics collection.

You can pass session parameters to anything that uses the standard libpq library using PGOPTIONS. See http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/config-setting.html for a sample. I suspect that something like:

PGOPTIONS='-c stats_block_level=false -c stats_row_level=false' pg_dump

would do the same thing as your patch without having to touch the code.

That's a pretty obscure bit of information though, and it would be worthwhile to update the documentation suggesting such a syntax because I think this would be handy for a lot of people. I was already planning to do that for another use case (pgbench) once the 8.4 work here shifts from development to testing and I have some more time for writing.

--
* Greg Smith gsm...@gregsmith.com http://www.gregsmith.com Baltimore, MD