Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Chernow <a...@esilo.com> writes:
Bruce Momjian wrote:
Why would we risk breaking other platforms to avoid an AIX bug?  At best
we can put a code comment in that section of the code.

IMO, there is no risk. getaddrinfo allows a NULL second argument on every platform I have worked with.

The portability risk is in the "manually set the port" part.

Right. If this method is limited to _AIX and only when the failure case occurs, there are no portability issues. I've already confirmed my fix works on 4.3 and 6.1. The buildfarm will tell us if 5.3 works (very likely it will).

--
Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC