Andrew Dunstan wrote:

Tom Lane wrote:
Magnus Hagander <mag...@hagander.net> writes:
Andrew Dunstan wrote:
The suspect patch is quite definitely the source of the problem.

I can't spot the error right off :-( Can you try to see if it's the
putenv() or the unsetenv() that gets broken?

Are we sure pgwin32_unsetenv works in this environment?  (Or worse,
maybe it's trying to use port/unsetenv.c?)

It is the pgwin32_unsetenv() call that is causing the trouble somehow. That much I have just managed to isolate.

Specifically, it's the SetEnvironmentVariable() call from pgwin32_putenv() called from pgwin32_unsetenv(). When this is disabled things work just fine.

cheers

andrew