Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

Eventually does the crash come from the call SetEnvironemntVariable
(.., NULL) on mingw-XP(or older?)?
I'm also interested in this issue and want to know the cause.

The debugger shows that we actually fail on a popen() call in intdb. However, if we replace the calls to SetEnvironmentVariable("foo",NULL) with calls to SetEnvironmentVariable("foo","") then there is no failure. My theory is that on XP somehow the former is corrupting the environment such that when popen() tries to copy the environment for the new child process, it barfs.

cheers

andrew