On 7 feb, 23:44, da...@fetter.org (David Fetter) wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 07, 2009 at 10:44:48PM -0500, David Lee Lambert wrote:
> > In the same spirit as the FreeBSD-native UUID generator that was
> > discussed here a couple months ago,  I was able to link Postgres 8.4
> > against the UUID generator embedded in the Linux ext2fs toolchain.

> There's a license conflict issue with that patch, namely that you've
> used the GPL, which means we can't ship it.  Is that license from
> something else, or would you consider re-licensing it under
> BSDL-compatible terms?

I originally based the code on something else (the "pguuid" project on
GBorg; the original author's Hotmail address seems dead).  However,  I
just checked, and no line of code what I posted matches his code,
except some "#include" lines and function declarations. I am willing
to apply the BSD license to it if I actually can claim the copyright.

--
DLL