Bruce Momjian wrote:
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
While regress/GNUmakefile appears to make an effort to run the regressions
tests with or without locale depending on the users choice, .e.g.,

# locale
NOLOCALE =
ifdef NO_LOCALE
NOLOCALE += --no-locale
endif

the pg_regress.c implementation spoils that completely by unconditionally
unsetting all locale-related environment variables before initdb.  One part
of the code doesn't know what the other is doing here.

To make it work as designed in GNUmakefile, the patch below would have to
be applied.

This leaves the question, what should really be the default behavior?

Has this been resolved?

Since nobody spoke up, I have changed it now so it runs with locale by default. Let's see if we get away with that.