Simon Riggs wrote:
On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 14:26 +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

The outer "if" should ensure that it isn't printed repeatedly on an idle system.

Regrettably not.

Ok, committed. I fixed that and some comment changes. I also renamed IsRecoveryProcessingMode() to RecoveryInProgress(), to avoid confusion with the "real" processing modes defined in miscadmin.h. That will probably cause you merge conflicts in the hot standby patch, but it should be a matter of search-replace to fix.

The changes need to be documented. At least the removal of log_restartpoints is a clear user-visible change.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas