When we take the snapshot of running transactions in the master, in GetRunningTransactionData(), it only includes top-level xids and those subxids that are in the subxid caches. Overflowed subxids are not included. Isn't that a problem? When the standby initializes the recovery procs using the running xacts information, pg_subtrans doesn't isn't set for the overflowed xids, because that information is not included in the WAL record. If you're lucky, the information is there already, but we don't generally guarantee pg_subtrans to survive crash or restart.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas