Hi,

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 7:47 PM, Simon Riggs <si...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> That whole area was something I was leaving until last, since immediate
> shutdown doesn't work either, even in HEAD. (Fujii-san and I discussed
> this before Christmas, briefly).

This problem remains in current HEAD. I mean, immediate shutdown
may be unable to kill the startup process because system() which
executes restore_command ignores SIGQUIT while waiting.
When I tried immediate shutdown during recovery, only the startup
process survived. This is undesirable behavior, I think.

The following code should be added into RestoreArchivedFile()?

----
if (WTERMSIG(rc) == SIGQUIT)
       exit(2);
----