Hi Teodor-san.

Sorry late reaction.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Teodor Sigaev" <teo...@sigaev.ru>

If there's an effective function like pg_wchar2mb_with_len() which
converts wchar_t strings to server encoded strings, we had better
simply call it for char2wchar().
I don't see a way to produce correct result of char2wchar with C-locale and sizeof(wchar_t) = 2.

In summary, I suggest to remove support of C-locale from char2wchar function and tsearch's parser should directly use pg_mb2wchar_with_len() in case of C-locale and multibyte encoding. In all other places char2wchar is called only for non-C locale.

Please, test attached patch.

Um, I think your patch like the overkill reaction of C-locale...
However, I tried your patch.
make check MULTIBYTE=euc_jp NO_LOCALE=true
All 120 tests passed.