Hi,

Le 4 mars 09 à 21:17, Dann Corbit a écrit :
I am interested in doing a near real time transaction processor.  If
there is a place to find the specification for the log reader, I would
be keen to know it.

Have you read about PGQ yet? Some links include:
  http://www.pgcon.org/2008/schedule/events/79.en.html

http://kaiv.wordpress.com/2007/10/19/skytools-database-scripting-framework-pgq/
  http://skytools.projects.postgresql.org/doc/pgq-admin.html
  http://skytools.projects.postgresql.org/doc/pgq-sql.html

If your processing is to be coded in python, the facilities are provided in the current skytools releases. If your processing is to be coded in PHP, the facilities exists in the CVS and will get distributed soon'ish.

If your processing is to be coded in any other language, you need SQL access and will be able to use the SQL level API directly, which provides all the "raw" features.

HTH,
--
dim