There are a few statistics that are only kept on a per-cluster basis, such as those reported in pg_stat_database and pg_stat_bgwriter. Since pg_stat_reset only resets per-database counts, it doesn't touch those.

I'd like to have a function that resets those. Maybe iterates over all the databases while it's at it and clear the whole mess out as another option. I'm curious why something resetting the cluster-wide stats isn't available already. Just because nobody bothered to write it before, or is there some reason why this can't work that I just didn't notice during my brief scan of pgstat.c?

--
* Greg Smith gsm...@gregsmith.com http://www.gregsmith.com Baltimore, MD