 > Andrew Gierth <and...@tao11.riddles.org.uk> writes:
 >> GET DIAGNOSTICS ROW_COUNT is documented as working for all commands;
 >> if it doesn't work for MOVE (and FETCH), that's a bug.

 Tom> Or a documentation problem.  I don't see any claim that it works for
 Tom> "all commands" anyway.

"This command allows retrieval of system status indicators. Each item
is a key word identifying a state value to be assigned to the
specified variable (which should be of the right data type to receive
it). The currently available status items are ROW_COUNT, the number of
rows processed by the last SQL command sent down to the SQL engine,
and RESULT_OID, the OID of the last row inserted by the most recent
SQL command. Note that RESULT_OID is only useful after an INSERT
command into a table containing OIDs."

The idea that fetch/move should _intentionally_ not set ROW_COUNT is
beyond ludicrous.

--
Andrew.