Tom Lane wrote:
> Well, if they're all in your search_path then plain old \df will do
> fine.  If they're not in your search path then I think it gets pretty
> questionable whether they're "user defined" in a real sense.  It seems
> more likely that you've got a pile of modules loaded, and which of those
> modules is "user defined" for your immediate purposes is something that
> psql can't hope to intuit.

I my environment schemas are used for namespace separation, so it doesn't
make much sense to use search_path to pull everything back into a single
namespace. Might as well use public for everything then. And these are not
really modules, just ordinary user objects in separate namespaces.

The main benefit of the U switch is that it enables to get a quick overview
of whats deployed to the database. At the moment this is not possible as the
*.* listings are polluted with system objects.

PS. The original \dfU suggestion was made by you in
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/28027.1206976...@sss.pgh.pa.us.
And seems, it didn't receive too much negative feedback then.

regards,
Martin