Magnus Hagander wrote:
Tom Lane wrote:
Magnus Hagander <mag...@hagander.net> writes:
Tom Lane wrote:
What makes more sense to me is to add a table to encnames.c that
provides the gettext name of every encoding that we support.
Do you mean a separate table there, or should we add a new column to one
of the existing tables?
Whichever seems to make more sense is fine with me.  I just don't want
add-an-encoding maintenance requirements spread across N different
source files.

I was about to start looking at this when that other thread
(http://archives.postgresql.org//pgsql-hackers/2009-03/msg01270.php)
started about related issues on other platforms. Seems we should have a
"coordinated fix" for this, so I'm going to want and see what come sout
of that one. Unless I'm misunderstanding thigns and they're not related?

I've committed a fairly trivial patch per Peter's suggestion to fix the other thread's issue. I left the table as is, so whatever refactorings were planned can now be applied.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas