Peter Eisentraut wrote:
On Tuesday 07 April 2009 13:09:42 Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
Patch attached. Instead of checking for LC_CTYPE == C, I'm checking
"pg_get_encoding_from_locale(NULL) == encoding" which is more close to
what we actually want. The downside is that
pg_get_encoding_from_locale(NULL) isn't exactly free, but the upside is
that we don't need to keep this in sync with the rules we have in CREATE
DATABASE that enforce that locale matches encoding.

I would have figured we can skip this whole thing when LC_CTYPE != C, because it should be guaranteed that LC_CTYPE matches the database encoding in this case, no?

Ok, committed it like that after all.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas