Dave Page wrote:
I thing so using --with-libxml is good idea. Is nonsense repeat some
necessary xml code like xml escaping and similar. And almost all
distributed PostgreSQL binaries are compiled with xml support, so this
cannot do some problems. When somebody compile pg without xml support,
then he knows what he do.

That will mean we never get to use XML explain in pgAdmin. We're not
in the business of writing basic features that might work, if the
postgres packager enabled an option. We need to be able to rely on
such features always being available.

As a matter of curiosity, do we have any idea what platforms don't support libxml2?

cheers

andrew