On Thu, 16 Jul 2009, Josh Berkus wrote:

Well, after an hour of tinkering with docbook DTDs and openjade I've given up on building docs for the patch I was reviewing on my Mac.

It's easier to get the whole chain working under Linux, but even that isn't trivial. I think one useful step here would be to write up some practical docs on the package setup side here for various popular platforms on the wiki. I can probably find where I have the RedHat and Ubuntu recipies I use around here somewhere, to kick that off as part of the review I'm doing for the multi-threaded pgbench. It's been my experience that everybody runs into pretty much the same problems here getting standard, but said problems are unique to the OS.

If someone write up something similar for OS X, so there's a recipe for getting the standard docs built on all the major development platforms where this could be straightforward (I shudder to think what a Cygwin guide would look like), that would make it much easier to push toward having more people do doc review.

--
* Greg Smith gsm...@gregsmith.com http://www.gregsmith.com Baltimore, MD