Robert,

> A. Update the status of patches on the wiki (because the patch authors
> and reviewers often didn't).
> B. Poke reviewers or patch authors who didn't respond in a timely
> fashion and/or move to "Returned with Feedback".
> C. Assign new patches to reviewers who requested them.
> D. Send occasional status updates to -hackers.
>
> I think that the burden on the CM could be greatly reduced if patch
> authors and reviewers could try to make sure to do (A) and (B)
> themselves as much as possible.  (C) and (D) are really not much work.

Couldn't (B) be done by the app?  If you recall, I suggested a while ago
that the app ought to auto-email reviewers and authors after a few days
of inactivity, and then alert you if they don't respond after a couple
days more.

Anyway, I can easily see dividing the duties of assigning patches to
reviewers and keeping status updated.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.