On Oct 1, 2009, at 3:42 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

My inclination is to think that the right behavior for REPLACE FUNCTION
is to keep the old proowner and proacl values, because that's what it
always has done and nobody's complained.  But I suppose a case could
be made that you're completely replacing the function and so you should
replace its ownership/permissions too.  The CREATE FUNCTION reference
page fails to specify either way, which is a documentation bug as well.

Comments?

The latter, I think. If I replace a function, I should be the new owner. To me it makes no sense for someone else to own it.

Best,

David