On Oct 4, 2009, at 1:57 PM, David Fetter wrote:

It's less about like or dislike and more about facing up to the
reality that we've got a major legacy foot-gun left over from the
experimentation of the Berkeley days.

I think you're going to need to be a bit more concrete than that. In what way is it a foot-gun? What examples can you provide? What, exactly, are the issues?

Perhaps, given concrete examples of issues with RULEs, we could look at addressing those problems rather than throwing out the baby (let alone put the baby in concrete -- sorry, the metaphors are getting away from me).

Best,

David