Simon Riggs <si...@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> It will be best to have the ability to have a specific rejection reason
> for each row rejected. That way we will be able to tell the difference
> between uniqueness violation errors, invalid date format on col7, value
> fails check constraint on col22 etc..

In case that helps, what pgloader does is logging into two files, named
after the table name (not scalable to server-side solution):
  table.rej     --- lines it could not load, straight from source file
  table.rej.log --- errors as given by the server, plus pgloader comment

The pgloader comment is necessary for associating each log line to the
source file line, as it's operating by dichotomy, the server always
report error on line 1.

The idea of having two errors file could be kept though, the aim is to
be able to fix the setup then COPY again the table.rej file when it
happens the errors are not on the file content. Or for loading into
another table, with all columns as text or bytea, then clean data from a
procedure.

Regards,
--
dim