* Doug McNaught <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

| Depends on what you mean.  For scaling well with many connections and
| simultaneous queries, there's no reason IMHO that the current
| process-per-backend model won't do, assuming the locking issues are
| addressed.

Wouldn't a threading model allow you to share more data across different
connections ? I'm thinking in terms of introducing more cache functionality
to improve performance. What is shared memory used for today ?

--
Gunnar Rønning - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Consultant, Polygnosis AS, http://www.polygnosis.com/