Andrew Gierth <and...@tao11.riddles.org.uk> writes:
> "Tom" == Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>  Tom> Hm, I think that's only a problem if we define it to be a
>  Tom> problem, and I'm not sure it's necessary to do so.

> The complaint is that if plpgsql is installed by default, then it will
> be owned by postgres rather than by the db owner, who will then not be
> able to drop it or use grant/revoke on it.

Right, just like every other thing that's pre-installed.  If a
particular installation wishes to let individual DB owners control this,
the superuser can drop plpgsql from template1.  It's not apparent to me
why we need to allow non-superusers to override the project's decisions
about what should be installed by default.