On Dec 4, 2009, at 1:44 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

As is documented, all you have to do is have:

  custom_variable_classes = 'plperl'
  plperl.use_strict = 'true'

in your config. You only need to put the documented BEGIN block in your function body if you want to do use strict mode on a case by case basis.

We can't allow an unrestricted "use strict;" in plperl functions because it invokes an operation (require) that Safe.pm rightly regards as unsafe.

Yeah, saw that in the manual in the plperl functions & arguments page (at the bottom). I think my confusion came up because I'd read the trust/untrusted thing which removes the ability to use use/require.

Maybe a blurb or moving that chunk of doc to the trusted/untrusted page might make that tidbit easier to find?

--
Jeff Trout <j...@jefftrout.com>
http://www.stuarthamm.net/