Simon Riggs <si...@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> Could I request we change these dates slightly to

The intent of the policy is that the last formal minor release for a
branch will happen no earlier than the specified times.  It might well
be later, since we're not going to schedule updates specially for this
--- it'd be whenever the next set of updates occur, and that would more
likely be driven by bugs in newer branches, not the oldest one.

In any case there's no need for someone to move off a version instantly
the day after the last release for it.  So I really don't see why you
think there would be "panic updates".  There's so much fuzz in when a
version would be effectively dead that a few months either way in the
nominal date wouldn't make any difference anyway.