Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Don't get me wrong, I don't love the current behavior.  (I don't
> have a competing proposal either.)  But I think we want to
> describe it with precision, because there are also many cases
> where _it works fine_. Telling people when it works and when it
> doesn't work is a lot more useful than attempting to qualitatively
> estimate how good or bad it is.

It sounds like we're in violent agreement.  I'm not sure what I said
which might have led you to believe I felt otherwise.

[reviews thread]

The suggestion you felt was "more disparaging" was:

: This behavior makes Read Committed mode unsuitable for
: many UPDATE or DELETE commands with joins or subqueries

You do realize that what is already in the documentation, for which
this was a suggested replacement, was?:

: This behavior makes Read Committed mode unsuitable for
: commands that involve complex search conditions

I'm not seeing where I made it more disparaging; I was trying to
clarify under what circumstances it was a problem.  If you have a
suggestion for a better way to phrase the part I left alone, feel
free to suggest something.

-Kevin