The previous discussion started from the idea that only DESCRIBE,
SHOW DATABASES/TABLES, and USE were worth worrying about.  If we
were to agree that we'd go that far and no farther, the potential
conflict with SQL syntax would be pretty limited.  I have little
enough experience with mysql to not want to opine too much on how
useful that would be, but it does seem like those are commands
I use right away anytime I am using mysql.

I have no problems paring down the list of cases; these were the correspondences I saw off the top of my head. I definitely don't want to conflict with any SQL syntax. The exact wording/output of the messages can be adjusted at whim.

Regards,

David
--
David Christensen