* Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> [100130 19:55]:

>                                         If I am developing, say, a new
> perl facility, I expect to develop and test using a private installation
> of perl, and not screw up my system's perl. It's the same with postgres.

But, perl was a bad example.  If you're just trying to develop a new
"perl module", something that other perl scripts can use, to require you
to provide a completely private copy of complete perl, instead of the
perfectly identical (other than paths) version the system provides is a
bit much...

I'm not arguing that the PGXS gripes Ivan has are valid, but your perl
example probably *supports* his case more than you think...

ai...@highrise.ca                                       command like a king,